- Several bug fixes and minor improvements.
- The Bland-Altman plot and Bland-Altman plot with multiple measurements per subject procedures now also generate a report in addition to the graph.
- Added Partial area under ROC curve and Comparison of partial areas under ROC curves
In Comparison of Precision-Recall curves added a choice between paires samples or independent samples design.
- Added transparency option for drawing objects (text box, rectangle, ellipse).
- Added a shaded area option for the confidence interval of a Kaplan-Meier survival curve, ROC curve, Linear regression, Probit regression, Passing-Pablok regression and Bland-Altman plots (right-click on the confidence interval curve and select a fill color in the "Format..." dialog box).
- Added Sample size calculation for Area Under the Precision-Recall curve.
- Changed the method of calculating the confidence interval for the AUC of precison-recall curves to the Logit method of Boyd et al (2013). The bootstrap method remains available for calculating the confidence interval for the difference of AUCs of two precison-recall curves.
- Added a Subgroups option in Comparison of multiple methods.
- Possibility to enter user-defined values that indicate missing values (e.g. NaN, -99999). This can be found in File menu > Properties > Missing values tab.
- Color option for missing values (Options panel).
- New spreadsheet functions USRMISSING() and ISMISSING().
- Moved option Enter key moves cell pointer to the Edit menu.
- Expanded color palette for graphs; includes selected colorblind safe colors (Wong, 2011).
- New color selectors.
- Added icons for common menu items.
- Some bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Added an option in Comparison of multiple methods to calculate differences as variable -reference or reference-variable.
- Some improvements for high resolution screens.
- Several bug fixes, minor changes, and improvements.
- Added Egger's and Begg's tests for publication bias in meta-analysis.
Version 19.5 - Sep 3, 2020
- Precision-recall curve
- Comparison of precision-recall curves
- Added support for SVG files (an image file format).
- SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics
- SVG images can be edited with Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, Inkscape (Free!), and other popular vector drawing programs (and even with a text editor)
- SVG images are scalable
- SVG images can be printed with high quality at any resolution
- SVG graphics do NOT lose any quality if they are zoomed or resized
Version 19.4 - Jul 1, 2020
- Added Cochran–Mantel–Haenszel test.
- Added the C-statistic (which is the area under the ROC curve) in Cox proportional-hazards regression.
- Added an option to create a Heat map in scatter diagrams.
- Minor change in the drawing of CI bars in Kaplan-Meier survival curves.
Corrected a problem in the evaluation of the OR() function.
- Corrected a problem in copying/pasting results from dialog panels.
Version 19.3 - May 24, 2020
- New reports feature allows to compile several analyses into one single report.
- Completely revised Help (F1) function: when your computer is connected to the internet (and can reach https://www.medcalc.org) the help function shows the same complete documentation as the manual on the website.
- Support for Windows XP has been dropped.
Version 19.2.5 - May 10, 2020
- Several bug fixes.
- New spreadsheet function AGGREGATE
Version 19.1 - Sep 12, 2019
- When ROC curve analysis uses bootstrapping (e.g. to calculate the CI of the Youden index), the bootstrap CI of the AUC is also reported.
- Improved procedure for calculating the Hodges-Lehmann median difference, allowing for larger sample sizes.
- Improved execution time of Fisher exact test.
Version 19.0.7 - Aug 1, 2019
- Changed the method for calculating P for the Mann-Whitney test, in the presence of ties, to the method by Conover (1999).
- Several minor bug fixes and improvements.
Version 19.0.5 - Jun 14, 2019
- Cumulative frequency distribution: fixed a problem in defining the X-axis when the option 'Display Normal distribution" is selected.
- Probit regression: fixed a problem that caused the program to generate a message "Could not solve equation" in some datasets.
Version 19.0.3 - May 7, 2019
- Corrected a problem when printing a graph that caused the graph not to be positioned correctly on the paper.
- Corrected a problem in the display of negative numbers in reports that sometimes caused a layout problem (most notably in the display of the regression equation of Passing-Bablok regression).
Version 19 - Apr 19, 2019
- Kaplan-Meier survival analysis: changed the method of calculating the confidence interval of median survival to the method (using log-transformation) by Klein JP, Moeschberger ML (2003) (p. 117-122).
- Passing-Bablok regression: changed the calculation of the relative difference of the bias at specific decision levels.
- Bland-Altman plot: solved a problem in the display of confidence intervals, in case that confidence intervals overlap.
Version 18.11.6 - Mar 1, 2019
Version 18.11.3 - Jan 2, 2019
Version 18.11 - Nov 19, 2018
- Added Isotonic regression curve as an option in scatter diagram and multiple line diagram (implemented using the pool adjacent violators algorithm).
- Fixed a problem that could impede scrolling through a large file.
- Improved speed of importing xlsx (Excel) files that contain lots of text cells.
- Fixed a problem in recognizing some variable names when the decimal symbol is not a dot.
Version 18.10.2 - Oct 21, 2018
- Added the possibility to use a filter in the different selectors for variables. When you have a large list of variables, you can limit the number of variables that is listed in the drop-down list by using as a wildcard in the beginning or at the end of a string. For example, when you have variables VAR_01, VAR_02, VAR_03 in a long list of variables, you can filter these by entering VAR and next click the dropdown button to obtain a filtered list.
Version 18.10 - Oct 4, 2018
- Added a list of observed values in the Filter editor dialog box - see Filter formula editor.
- In all statistical dialog boxes, when the focus is on a variable selector or a filter selector, you can press function key F8 to call the formula editor.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the program to crash when the option "List variables alphabetically" was not selected.
- Removed the obsolete "Large dialogs" option.
Version 18.9 - Sep 2, 2018
- Added Comparison of Independent ROC curves in the Statistics menu (comparion of AUC between subgroups).
- Fixed a problem in Logistic regression which could cause the program to crash when sample size is small.
- Fixed an error message that could popup when the program starts.
- Fixed a bug in saving & recalling Partial correlation.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Standardized Response Means not to be calculated for some data.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the program to crash when pasting data in the spreadsheet.
Version 18.6 - Jul 16, 2018
- Added a "Date format" option in the Regional settings panel of the Options dialog box.
- When you export the spreadsheet data using "Export data" in the file menu, you can define a filter to select a subset of cases to be saved in the new file. The "Export data" command is only available when the spreadsheet window is open and active (not covered by other windows).
- New algorithm for determining the number of decimals used for the values on the X-axis in histograms.
- Fixed an issue with the display of Help files in a network environment.
- Several minor bug fixes and general improvements (increased speed of operation).
Version 18.5 - May 17, 2018
- Sample files: when you upgrade the software, the existing sample data files (located in "Documents\MedCalc\Sample files") are overwritten by new versions of these files.
- Added Comparison of (independent) Coefficients of Variation in the Tests menu.
- In Logistic regression, added an option to plot the logistic regression curve. This is option is only available when there is just one single independent variable.
- Added semipartial correlation to the results of Multiple regression.
- Kruskal-Wallis test: added Dunn's test as an optional post-hoc test.
- Multiple variables graphs: fixed a problem with line colors and styles in Dot & line diagram with large number of cases.
- Fixed a problem in Forest plots causing the markers in the graph to be badly formatted.
- Fixed a problem in the Summary statistic table which caused the results of the Normality test not to be displayed.
- Fixed in bug in the DEC2HEX function which could cause the program to crash when the argument was a negative number.
Version 18.2.1 - February 23, 2018
- Added options to reverse the order of categories in Frequencies bar charts
- New options for Passing-Bablok regression:
- Bootstrapping of the CI of the regression parameters.
- Estimation of bias at selected threshold values, according to CLSI guideline EP09-A3 (2013).
- Fixed a problem in Age-related reference intervals (related to Box-Cox transformation) that would cause confidence intervals to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that disabled formatting of trendlines in some cases.
- Corrected a problem that caused Cox & Snell R2 and Nagelkerke R2 not to be calculated in some instances.
Version 18 - December 29, 2017
- In Bland & Altman plot, added an option to plot the values against the sample rank, to produce a "Ranked order difference plot" according to CLSI, 2013.
- In residuals plots for Deming and Passing & Bablok regression, values outside the 4 SD range are plotted in a warning color.
- Made the calculation of Spearman's rank correlation coefficient in Passing & Bablok regression regression optional.
- Added an option to insert header/separator bars with file name and current date and time in the Word document, when using the Save to or append to Word file procedure.
- Fixed some issues in Case-Control matching. Added an option "Exact match" that allows to match non-numerical data (for example, a variable Gender that is coded "Male" and "Female").
- Fixed some problems with the display of the legends in Deming and Passing & Bablok regression regression plots.
- Fixed a bug in recalling multiple line graphs with trendlines (trendlines did not appear).
Version 17.9 - September 21, 2017
- In Bland-Altman plots, replaced horizontal lines for confidence intervals with error bars.
- Revised calculations for Bland-Altman plot with multiple measurements per subject, according to Zou GY (2013) Confidence interval estimation for the Bland-Altman limits of agreement with multiple observations per individual. Statistics in Medicine 22:630-642.
Version 17.8 - August 17, 2017
Version 17.7.2 - July 27, 2017
Version 17.6 - June 2, 2017
- Added the Hodges-Lehmann location estimator in the results section of the Signed rank test, and the Hodges-Lehmann median difference in the results section of the Mann-Whitney test and Wilcoxon test.
- Added geometric and harmonic mean as options in Summary statistics table.
- Added spreadsheet functions HARMEAN and VHARMEAN
- Added harmonic and geometric mean (without the need for logarithmic transformation) as options in Summary statistics.
- Several bug fixes.
Version 17.5.3 - May 7, 2017
- Added confidence interval estimation (using bootstrapping) in Age-related reference interval.
- Added sample size calculation for regression-based reference limits.
- MedCalc spreadsheet has been reconfigured to contain a fixed number of 16384 columns and 1048576 rows.
- Improved speed for sorting data in the spreadsheet.
- Added an option to change the order of Disease Present/Absent and Test Positive/Negative to Disease Absent/Present and Test Negative/Positive in the Diagnostic test (2x2 table) dialog box (Tests menu).
- Enabled seperate formatting of text in graph legends. Click on the legend - the legend is selected; next select the font properties in the toolbar. Proceed in a similar way to format the text used in drawing objects.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Undo button of being enabled for graphs.
- Many other minor improvements.
Version 17.5 - May 1, 2017
Version 17.4.4 - April 16, 2017
Version 17.4 - April 3, 2017
- Faster reading and writing of MedCalc data files, mainly noticeable when accessing files on a network share.
- Fixed a bug that caused the sample size table not to be displayed in the different sample size calculation procedures.
- Fixed some problems in different translations where Window and Help menus were mixed or duplicated.
- Fixed some problems in the Repeat and Recall dialog functions.
- Added an option "Apply to all" in formatting of lines and markers in Multiple variables graph - Dot & Line diagram.
Version 17.2 - February 14, 2017
- Added sample size calculation for Bland-Altman plot.
- Added an option to draw lines for the Maximum allowed difference in Bland-Altman plot.
- Added 95% Confidence Interval for Coefficient of Repeatability in Bland-Altman plot.
- Enabled axis scale reversal on most graphs. To reverse the axis scale, you enter the higher limit for the minimum and the lower limit for the maximum.
- Added a button to reset all options in the Options dialog box.
- Fixed a bug that caused loss of defined data labels when renaming a variable.
Version 17.1 - January 20, 2017
Version 17.0.4 - January 12, 2017
- Added Multiple frequency tables
- Added sample size calculation for McNemar test.
- Slight modification of the dialog box and presentation of results for the McNemar test.
- Changed the method to calculate the 95% CI for the difference in the McNemar test from Bland 2000 (Binomial distribution method) to Sheskin 2011 (z method).
- Sample size calculation for the comparison of 2 proportions: added an option to specify the statistical test that will be used in the analysis of the study data (Chi-squared test or Fisher's exact test).
- Renamed "Sampling" menu into "Sample size" menu.
- New spreadsheet functions CONVERT, SUMSQ, VSUMSQ, HYPOT and PERCRANK.
- Added an option to display markers in the Probit regression plot.
- Fixed a problem in the Kaplan-Meier plot where the user could not change the color of some texts in the graph.
Version 17 - January 10, 2017
Version 16.8.4 - September 27, 2016
- Important: fixed a bug that could cause the program to fail when saving files
- Fixed a bug in the display of Forest plots.
- In the Plot versus criterion values it is now allowed to define the X-axis so that larger or smaller observed criterion values fall outside the X-axis range.
Version 16.8 - August 4, 2016
- Fixed some problems in the display of arrows in dialog boxes when using Windows 10.
Version 16.4.3 - April 26, 2016
- In Plot versus criterion values (ROC curve analysis):
- Added plot against Efficiency (Greiner et al., 2000).
- Added option "Observed prevalence".
- Added Positive and Negative predictive value, and Youden index. Report of maximum or minimum of some statistics in the graph's info box.
- Added Spearman's rank correlation coefficient in the output of Passing & Bablok regression.
- Fixed a bug when recalling a Multiple variables graph where the option Notched Box-and-Whisker was ignored.
Version 16.4 - April 11, 2016
- Fixed a bug in Mountain plot that caused the curve for the third method not to be displayed in some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug in the axis scaling and legend of the Scatter diagram & regression line plot (when subgroups were defined).
Version 16.2 - February 4, 2016
- New: Comparison of multiple methods.
- Plot versus criterion values (ROC curve analysis): added plot of Cost and Misclassification-Cost Term (MCT, Greiner et al., 2000) against criterion values.
- Meta-analysis: both fixed effect model weights and random effect model weights are now reported.
- Meta-analysis: for marker size relative to study weight you can choose the fixed effect model weights or random effect model weights.
- Meta-analysis: the presentation of the pooled effect under the fixed effects or random models is now optional in the forest plot.
- Meta-analysis: when a diamond representation for the pooled effects is used then a different marker color for the pooled effect can be selected.
- Increased the maximum number of files in the recent file list to 20 (you can set the preferred number in the MedCalc options panel.
Version 16.1 - January 6, 2016
- Added Weight (%) in the output of the different meta-analysis procedures.
- Fixed some problems when working with a dual monitor setup.
- Changed the algorithm that enables some menu items in the Edit menu. In particular, the Del command is now enabled for items in the Contents window (Saved tests and graphs).
- Fixed a bug which caused the Cox proportional hazards procedure to fail when time was constant.
- Fixed a bug in the Test for Normal distribution in the Summary statistics tables (other items like Summary statistics, Reference interval, Outlier detection, etc. were not affected).
Version 15.11.4 - November 27, 2015
- Added the possibility to perform different independent samples and paired samples t-tests, Mann-Whitney tests and Wilcoxon tests in one single procedure, see Comparison of independent samples and Comparison of paired samples.
- Added the possibility to save (or append) results, graphs and spreadsheet data to Word documents (docx). Use the new button or the Ctrl+W keyboard shortcut. Ctrl+W also works in the dialogs for sample size calculation and the dialogs in the Tests menu. This feature requires Microsoft .NET 4 framework, which is already available on most Windows PCs, or can be downloaded freely from the Microsoft website.
- Added importing and saving as OpenOffice or LibreOffice's Calc spreadsheet files (*.ods). Current version reads/writes data only and ignores formatting.
- Added "Save as web page (*.html)" for spreadsheet data.
- Added 99.9% and 99.99% reference intervals.
- Added confidence intervals for indices of responsiveness.
- Change in the algorithm of the Trimmed mean and its 95% CI. See Calculation of Trimmed Mean, SE and confidence interval for computational details.
- Added new spreadsheet functions:
- TrimMean(k,range), TrimMeanSEM(k,range), TrimMeanLow(k,ci,range) and TrimMeanHigh(k,ci,range): see Trimmed mean functions
- VTrimMean(k,variable[,filter]), VTrimMeanSEM(k,variable[,filter]), VTrimMeanLow(k,ci,variable[,filter]) and VTrimMeanHigh(k,ci,variable[,filter]): see Trimmed mean functions on variables
- Median(range) Median function
- Percentile(p,range) Percentile function
- Fixed a bug that would cause a problem when importing (or pasting) spreadsheet data that contains large text blocks.
- Corrected a bug in the calculation of Box-Cox transformation when lambda=0.
- Fixed a bug in the Cox regression procedure that could cause the program to crash.
Version 15.11.3 - November 23, 2015
- Improved formatting of Box-and-whisker plots in Clustered Multiple Comparison graphs and Clustered Multiple Variables graphs.
- Improved auto-update.
Version 15.11 - November 5, 2015
- Fixed a bug in Repeated measures ANOVA that caused an error in the calculation of the Sum of Squares for the Factor in Test of Within-Subjects Effects. The error could (only) occur in two-factor studies with repeated measures on one factor with unbalanced design.
Version 15.10 - October 22, 2015
Version 15.8 - August 14, 2015
- Chi-squared test: the use of Yates' correction for continuity is no longer recommended. For a 2x2 table, MedCalc version 15.11 uses the "N-1" Chi-squared test as recommended by Campbell (2007) and Richardson (2011). This is also applicable in Comparison of proportions.
- For the McNemar test (comparison of paired proportions) P-values are now always based on the cumulative binomial distribution.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error in the calculation of the mean survival time in Kaplan-Meier survival analysis.
- Added a Funnel plot in meta-analysis.
- Added a Generic inverse variance method for meta-analysis.
- Improved Draw ellipse tool: press the shift key to draw a circle.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent to copy data from an Excel (xlsx) file created with MedCalc.
- Some speed improvements.
Version 15.6 - June 2, 2015
Version 15.5 - May 26, 2015
- New Format graph options:
- Side margins: this option lets you set a margin between the chart's boundary and lines for the X and Y axis.
- Allow exponential notation: when this option is selected, the program will display small or high numbers in exponential notation.
- New option in Kruskal-Wallis test: Jonckheere-Terpstra trend test.
- New spreadsheet functions:
- ANY(test,value[,value,...]) returns 1 or TRUE if the value of test matches any of the subsequent values; returns 0 or FALSE otherwise
- PROPER(str) sets the first character in each word to uppercase and the rest to lowercase
- E() returns Euler's constant 2.718281828459...
- BinomialLow(successes,trials,ival) returns the lower bound of the ival% Confidence Interval of the Binomial probability of a number of successes in a number of trials
- BinomialHigh(successes,trials,ival) returns the upper bound of the ival% Confidence Interval of the Binomial probability of a number of successes in a number of trials
- Revised spreadsheet functions:
- ROW(cell) returns the row number of a spreadsheet cell
- COLUMN(cell) returns the column number of a spreadsheet cell
Version 15.4 - April 20, 2015
- Additions in Logistic regression: Wald statistic, Cox & Snell R2 and Nagelkerke R2.
- Fixed a bug that prevented to paste formulas (values were pasted).
- Several other minor bug fixes, changes and improvements.
Version 15.2.1 - February 24, 2015
- Added a Correlogram as an option in Correlation table.
- Significant results with P<0.05 are highlighted in the reports.
- Revised Chinese (traditional) translation. Corrections to translations in different languages.
- Added a shortcut Ctrl+Shift+E to quickly switch to the English user interface (useful in case you inadvertently selected a wrong language for the user-interface and you cannot find the language settings).
- Fixed a problem with the drawing of icons on some systems.
Version 14.12 - December 3, 2014
- Some revisions in the user-interface.
- New multilingual interface with choice of different languages for user interface and output:
- user interface: the language that is used in menus, dialogs, and other user interface elements.
- output: the language that is used in reports and graphs.
The available languages are: English, Chinese (simplified and traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Spanish. To select a different language you go to Tools menu Options where you can select your language in the Language section.
The help file and software documentation are available in English only.
- Added descriptive statistics (median, range, quartiles) in the results for the Kruskal-Wallis test.
- Added drawing of error bars, see Add graphical objects.
- Added the possibility to place the user-drawn graphical objects (text boxes, frames, connectors, etc.) in the background (right-click the object and select "Send to back" repeatedly).
- Fixed a bug that caused saved reports that used status data (like in ROC curve analysis) not to be saved correctly.
Version 14.10.2 - October 16, 2014
- Added options to save the contents of the dialog boxes in the Tests and Sampling menu as text files. In these dialog boxes you can:
- press function key F9; or
- right-click in the dialog box title bar and select the corresponding item in the context menu.
- Reorganized help file.
Version 14.8.1 - August 19, 2014
- Fixed a problem that could cause the program to crash when closing a statistical report.
Version 13.3.3 - July 26, 2014
Version 13.3.1 - July 11, 2014
Version 13.3 - June 21, 2014
Version 13.2.2 - May 22, 2014
- Added comparison of regression lines in results section of Regression.
- Added Homogeneity of regression slopes in results section of Analysis of covariance.
- Added the AUC (Area under the ROC curve) in the results of Diagnostic test (2x2 table).
- Corrected a problem in the calculatation of BCa bootstrap confidence intervals in ROC curve analysis.
- Changed the method for calculation of Kendall's Tau correlation coeffcient from percentile bootstrap to BCa bootstrap confidence intervals.
- Changed the random number generator used in bootstrapping to the Mersenne twister (implementation MT19937) (Matsumoto & Nishimura, 1998).
- Some other minor improvements and bug fixes
- New version numbers:Starting August 2014, the MedCalc version number has been revised. The new version number consists of a year and month number, and a third number which is a minor revision number.For example:
Minor revision numbers may not be contiguous, e.g. version 14.8.2 may be followed by version 14.8.4. The intermediate minor revision 14.8.3 may have been used internally or as a Beta version only.
- 14.8.1 is a MedCalc version released in August 2014.
- 14.8.2 is a minor revision of version 14.8
- Added the Variance Inflation Factor (VIF) in the results of multiple regression.
- Fixed a bug in Clustered Multiple Variables graphs with logarithmic transformation.
- Fixed various minor bugs.
- In Histograms, when all observations equal class boundaries, the bars are drawn above the class values.
- Added a subgroups option in Cumulative frequency distribution graphs.
- Added user-control for Bootstrapping options (number of iterations, random-number seed). Bootstrapping is used for the calculation of Confidence Intervals for Kendall's tau (Rank correlation), reference intervals calculated using the robust method, and some statistics in ROC curve analysis.
- Some other minor imporvements
- Added Age-related reference interval calculation
- Added Weighted regression (in Regression, Scatter diagram with regression line and Multiple regression).
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of the P-value for Shapiro-Wilk and Shapiro-Francia normal distribution tests.
- Many other minor changes and improvements.
- Added the Variance Inflation Factor (VIF) in the results of multiple regression.
- Fixed a bug in Clustered Multiple Variables graphs with logarithmic transformation.
- Fixed various minor bugs.
- Modified the options for disease prevalence in the ROC curve analysis dialog box.
- Added an option in the results of the Chi-squared test to display all counts as percentages of row, column and global totals.
- Added an input box for Digit grouping symbol in the MedCalc options.
- Added an option to use the digit grouping symbol for formatting numbers in graphs (see Graph schemes).
- Modified drawing of graphs when the option Outside tick marks is selected.
- Added standard deviation of groups in the output for ANOVA.
- Added an option in the context menu of scatter diagrams to draw a user-defined function. The context menu appears when you right-click in the scatter diagram.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the program to crash in Reference interval calculation
- Several other minor bug fixes
- Added the z (or t) statistic and P-values for the pooled effect sizes in meta-analysis.
- Several compatibility fixes.
- New spreadsheet functions: Probability distribution functions
- Fixed a bug in the Multiple line graph procedure that could cause the first variable not to be visible in the graph.
- Several minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Renamed the Categorical data submenu into Crosstabs.
- New: Relative risk & Odds Ratio in the Statistics menu (calculated on a 2x2 table compiled from data in the spreadsheet).
- Revised dialog boxes and presentation of results for Relative risk and Odds ratio in the Tests menu.
- Some bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug that caused context menu items to remain disabled after printing a graph or report.
- Fixed a bug in the SNK and Tukey-Kramer post hoc test in ANOVA that would result in false-positive results in some cases.
- Some minor bug fixes and user interface improvements.
- New: Nonlinear regression.
- Added trend line options in scatter diagrams: moving average trend line, LOESS smoothed trend line or reduced major axis line.
- Added LOESS smoothed trend line in Multiple lines graph.
- When a Moving average or LOESS smoothed trend line is included in a graph, the graph windows has a status bar that includes a trackbar with which you can control the degree of smoothing.
- New: Polar plot.
- New: Function plot.
- Added an input box for Disease prevalence in Diagnostic test evaluation.
- New spreadsheet functions:
- new mathematical functions: ACOSH, ASINH, ATANH, ATAN2
- new statistical functions: CORREL, SLOPE
- new statistical functions on variables: VCORREL, VSLOPE
- new engineering functions: BesselI, BesselJ, BesselK, BesselY, ERF, ERFC, Dec2Hex, Hex2Dec
- "Selection criterion" has been renamed to "Filter".
- Large dialogs option: option to make all dialog boxes larger and easier to read, see Options.
- 增加森林图(Forest plot)为单独的图形选项(没有链接到meta分析)
- 计算尤登(Youden)指标和相关的标准值(criterion value)的置信区间
- 修正了 IF(condition,argtrue,argfalse)函数计算的bug.当条件为真时，在argfalse计算中的错误将不会引起IF函数失败的问题
- 根据Sheskin 2011重新设计了峰态(Kurtosis)的P值(以前是根据Sheskin 2004设计)。这会导致当峰态为负时P值会不同，在这种情况下，也会影响正态性的D'Agostino-Pearson检验的结果。
- Sheskin DJ (2004) Handbook of parametric and nonparametric statistical procedures. 3rd ed. Boca Raton: Chapman & Hall /CRC.
- Sheskin DJ (2011) Handbook of parametric and nonparametric statistical procedures. 5th ed. Boca Raton: Chapman & Hall /CRC.
- 修正了Kaplan Meier幸存分析中当趋势的卡方检验不会总是显示的一个问题
- 增加了在散点图中画出均等线(Line of equality)的选项
- 本更新可用于32位和64位Windows版本。 32位版本可以运行在两个Windows版本上。64位版本将只能64位Windows版本上工作。
- MedCalc 12不能工作在Windows 2000或更早版本的Windows上。Windows 2000已经达到其生命周期结束的2010年7月13日。它不再接收新的安全更新和新的安全相关的修补程序。因此，这是强烈建议更新到较新版本的Windows。
- 在Passing & Bablok回归中的变化：
- 累积和线性检验(cusum linearity test)的精确P值
- 新增计算垂直残差(perpendicular residuals)的选项(Passing & Bablok, 1983)
- 新增根据秩顺序绘制残差的选项(Passing & Bablok, 1983)
- 增加需要治疗的人数(NTT)的95%置信区间(CI)到相对危险度(relative risk)的结果
- 新增保存Cox比例风险回归模型(Cox proportional hazard regression model)的预后指标的选项。
- 根据Hanley & McNeil (1982)更改计算ROC曲线下面积的标准误差(SE)的方法。Hanley &McNeil给出了2种计算SE的方法，一个在表二(第31页)和另一个在第33页上，使用公式2。后者使用在MedCalc以前的版本中。
- 异常值侦测(Outlier detection):提供多种异常值侦测方法
CALL or EMAIL